Saturday, March 15, 2008

Summer

Im really lucky,even though im having a pretty crappy time,(academia wise) its d beginning of yet another mumbai summer.ya,i can tell tht by the fact tht my clothes have started to stink after wearing them just once as opposed to the usual 2 or 3 times,myhair needs to be washed at least 3 times a week,and not even my parents can say tht i was fair once upon a time n at this rate im probably gonna look like a genuine dark south indiann finally the there are bouganvillae everywhere(eagerly awaiting the advent of laburnums and sonmohar)
But my summers havent been just bout those thngs. Definetly not.Iv been one of those lucky souls who had the kinda childhood n youth(i cant beleive im getting out of my teens in 11 months n 10 days) whose memories bring a smile on my face.i think u need to have good times in ur life basically for the reason so u can have memories of those good times ,the way it is with me is that when im going through a rough patch,i can think of those memories and hope that such a time can come back and will come back.its the same with people,i know relatives and people who have known of my existence for all my life but i have absolutely no memories of spending tiime with them , let alone a good time.but then there are people ,complete strangers who iv known ,albeit for a short period of time but have made me laugh and i continue to have the most fondest memories of them. and maybe its me being selfish but i am more fond of the latter
i cant forget those times when i'v spent entire summers in just my petticoats , falling countless times ,learning how to cycle,being pampered to the hoot,getting up at 9 to watch duck tales, playing lagori at 10 in the night, going on mini trips,dancing on my cousins feet,spending the evening on an old scooter with the wind blowing my curly hair,eating misal,sev puri and iceream all in 3 hrs n the promptly puking at midnight ,sleepwalking,smelling the first rains,taking long nver ending walks with a close freind,having my first crush, seeing a new country,getting wet on a beach,watching a 4 movies in 2 weeks in the theater at a time when the tickets were for 30 bucks,picnics, mangoes,.the list is too long.
And so as yet another summer begins, i know im gonna dread the sweat,heat, dehydration,travelling,bad hair days,rashes but im also luking froward to the trees in full bloom,playing in the building,beautiful sunsets,holi,n visting if not a new country at least a new place,the feeling of a cool breeze on a hot day.so optimistically enough im hoping for a good time till the rain gods shower their blessings.

2 comments:

Radhika Mohandas said...

Good one.'summer'-izes our fav part of the year al too well..

Radhika Mohandas said...

@i did,and trust me,i'm still missing him.why oh why oh why!!!!