Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Beginning of the end???

I know that everything in life is supposed to end. I’m not a naïve little girl who thinks that things are gonna remain the same way they currently are. But still that doesn’t anyhow lessen the intensity of my desire for them remaining the same way they are!!
I am a person who is generally averse to change (I can admit that) so when a friend is gonna leave my group of friends, who have been a source of humour, understanding and general comfort (the kind you get when you sleep with your blanket on your own bed after along time) in the toughest of times, no one can blame you for getting a bit sentimental and wishing for things to just stay the way they are. Because you just know at the back of your mind, it is the beginning of the end. The end you dread, the end which signals the heralding of words you were shielded from for so many years ; Responsibility, Job, Independence etc etc and a general upheaval from your current life. I know that’s life, but still that doesn’t lessen my need for things to stay the way they are!!!
Sometimes and just some times you manage to find a bunch who can laugh at Mithun the way you do or be as laidback as you would be on a lazy Sunday afternoon or be as shameless as you are when you are bargaining or actually sing along your stupid songs or actually notice something really small and insignificant which no one else can, and when you do you don’t wanna let go. I know that only once I let go of this bunch of people will I get to meet another bunch of people just like them or even better, but still that doesn’t make the letting go any easier!!!
I know that in life, hard times come and bad days just seem to pile on at the most inopportune of times but just knowing that doesn’t make it easier to get though those alone. I look for them,I seek them when I need them and more often than not I can effectively rely on them to cheer me up. Just knowing that that’s not gonna happen my entire life doesn’t make me seek them less often!
Its like a chapter of my life is slowly coming to an end , and the only way to go is ahead, so I am eager ,I am excited to see what lies ahead , but still I cant get this feeling out of my head ,this feeling that things will never be this good agin. So the optimist in me says that maybe, just maybe they might be better.
So here’s to those memories, of those fantastic times we shared (trying hard not to make it sound like an obituary, but I know it kinda is). Cause even though things will change the memories wont.

No comments: