Thursday, July 2, 2009

Why I love movies!

I’m generally an outgoing girl,but the fear of public speaking has been pretty ingrained in me since I made this stupid mistake in 1 school play(I was this Shatrugan sinha look alike thingy n I had 2 say “Abey Khamosssshhh” but I messed it up somehow). So when my friends were organizing this personality contest in our college, I in my “overcome my fears” mode signed up for it. (I also killed a rat in that mode, but that’s another story). Now this thing had a talent round,and I am the self professed “non talent”person (if there’s such a thing) . I cant dance (except 5 steps in cyclic pattern),I can’t sing(people would run away ,and on occasion actually have), I cant draw (my sister finished all my drawing books) and nor am I good at any martial art or anything like that. So ,just as I was contemplating backing out I decided to write something. And so I decided to write about something that I love: movies. And I just read out what I had written. it turned out pretty great, with unknown people coming up and telling that they liked it, and that was pretty great. so here it is;
I love it when the hero always gets the heroine in the end
I love it when in a horror movie,the damsel in distress always runs inside the house to a dead end instead of running outside.
I love it when a hero on getting thrown out of the house can earn a living only by doing construction work when he might as well have been graduated form Harvard
I love it when blood can defy all elemental laws of physics and actually go up a tube from three different t ubes during blood transfusion
I love it when Dev Anand tilts his head and raises his hand
I love it when Jeetendra and Dharmendra cn come running into a room wearing a white shirt and white pants so tight you’d think they were stitched by placing the cloth on them, and say “Maa main BA pass ho gaya”
I love it when a heroine sings a song her voice gains sterosonic abilities enabling it to travel miles to reach the hero’s ears
I love silly giggling in the ackground in the weddings of Barjatiya movies.
I love the fact that Nirupa Roy can bring up her family by stitching clothes on a rickety old Singer sewing machine
I lobe SRK and Kajol in those sarson ke keht
I love the fact that even though I’ve seen Lagaan more then 25 times I still cheer fro each ball and wait with abated breath if Bhuvan hits a six on the last ball. Ditto fro Aamir in JJWS.
I love the moment in which Raju guide tells Rosy against that heavenly sunset
“Mere sukh ab tere,tere dukh ab mere”.
I love it when Hrithik practices sword fighting in his dhoti
I love it when Aamir says “Aap to antaryami ho,gyaani ho,balki aap to purush hi nahi…..mahapurush ho”.
I love it when SRK says Kkkkkiran
I love it when Salman and Madhuri do that ridiculous dance and manage not wake up anyone in HAHK, something which seems so impossible for someone like me who lives in mumbai
I love the fact that even Himesh reshammiya can have a hit movieI love the scene in which Preity Zinta asks Aamir Khan what he saw when he closed his eyes during the opera in DCH

But most of all I love movies cause in those 3 hrs you get to escape your world and get into this colourful fantastic one with happy endings.

No comments: